Sheetmetal Fabricator (1st class)
Job Title: Sheetmetal Fabricator (1st class)
Location: Acacia Ridge, QLD (13kms from Brisbane city)
Employment: Full-time (immediate start)
DK Stainless (www.dkstainless.com.au) is a leading Stainless Steel Manufacturer passionate about Aussie manufacturing and keeping jobs in our backyard. We’re a family run business with a big heart. DK’s main product is an automatically refilling drinking station for pets (mainly doggos).
The Sheetmetal Fabricator role has a primary focus to ensure the various products are folded, welded, polished, assembled, boxed and ready to ship. The role will also be responsible for maintaining efficiency and mastery of work that DK Stainless prides itself on, ensuring every product is manufactured and assembled to the highest standard.
To be successful in this role you absolutely must love hands-on work and have previous experience as a 1st class sheetmetal fabricator. There will be a welding test as part of the interview process, so you’ll need to bring your A-game. You must take pride in all your work, be proactive, work hard, and have excellent communication skills. You also must have a willingness to grow with our brand. You must be have a current drivers’ licence and reliable transport.
Skills you need to have
- Extensive fabrication experience
- Trade qualifications
- Excellent welding skills (tig)
- Must be able to use hand tools (i.e. drills, grinders, etc.)
- Great communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to think outside the box
The kind of things you will do
- Welding (tig)
- Folding (press brake)
- Deburring and finishing stainless steel products
- Manufacturing and assembling of products
- Order preparation
- Other general workshop tasks
Why you really want to work for us
- Family owned/run biz with a boss who really cares
- Opportunity to really help grow the brand and build your knowledge and skills
- Great team who all REALLY love dogs (who doesn’t love dog people)?
- Immediate start
$27.50+ per hour (plus superannuation)
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (AEST) Friday 16th October 2020. In your cover letter please tell us why you would make the perfect addition to our team.